Uniforms can be a significant investment for any business, big or small, traditional or contemporary. According to research, a business uniform can increase productivity, employee morale, brand recognition, and the speed and efficiency of operations.
With all of the considerations and financial investments that go into creating a perfect corporate uniform, it’s no wonder so many companies are unsure about their decision. When choosing a uniform, you want to make sure that you’re investing in something that will make a positive impact on your company’s culture and success.
If you’re looking to make a lasting impression on employees and the general public, it’s helpful to understand what kind of impact a corporate uniform can have.
Great Corporate Uniform
A great corporate uniform not only provides a stylish look for employees but also reflects the personality of the organization. If your company’s identity is playful, then the uniform should be playful too. If your company is serious, then the uniform should be serious. The best corporate uniform will also reflect the policies and values of your organization.
The first and most important factor in choosing the right corporate uniform is making sure it represents your organization’s brand.
Your brand is the essence of your business — it’s what people remember when they think of your organization. A logo should be printed on every article of clothing your organization provides to employees, whether that be a uniform, a polo shirt, or an office bag.
When choosing a logo and uniform design, make sure they work in harmony. The ideal corporate uniform logo blends naturally with the design of the garment.
Brand guidelines are essential to creating a great corporate uniform. The brand guidelines will help you clearly understand what the Uniform Board can approve and what they cannot.
To create a uniform that represents your brand, you’ll need to follow a strict set of guidelines. You can find these guidelines in the Uniform Branding and Marketing Guide. This guide sets out exactly what should include, such as the logo placement, color, and length of sleeves.
Uniforms should be comfortable to wear. This is especially true for employees who wear them to work for several hours at a time. It is also important for employees to be comfortable in their own skin when coming to work. This will allow them to be more productive and perform better.
To ensure comfort, a uniform should be lightweight, breathable, and made from comfortable materials. It should also be easy to clean and maintain.
When deciding which corporate uniform will best represent your organization, it’s helpful to understand the factors that make a great corporate uniform.
- Conformity: All uniform pieces should be in line with one another, from the shirts and ties to the jackets and pants.
- Cohesiveness: All elements of the uniform should be related to one another, from the color palette to the fonts used on the shirts.
- Legibility: The logo and other printed materials should be easy to read and understand.
- Presence: The uniform should have the proper fit and presence, from the length and width of the sleeve to the length and tuck of the pants.
- Variability: Uniforms should allow for some level of customization, from the collar size to the pocket size.
- Consistency: Over time, a great corporate uniform should appear to be in a state of uniformity, from the way the shirts are ironed to the way the ties are arranged.
Additionally, you might be interested in reading about the importance of dress codes in the workplace.